Delphi 1 + Pdox tables - Security

What is the best way of securing data stored in paradox tables for a
small multi-user (6 - 8 concurrent users) application?

I know I can set a main table password and auxiliary passwords, however
I want all the users to have similar access rights, but want each one
to 'log in' to the delphi app with a different user_id and password,
so I can track who creates, updates and deletes records.

Is there a way of achieving this without moving to a heavy duty c/s
environment?

Fred Troncone                                     ,-,_/\
Work   --> pd07...@wapol.gov.au                  /      \
School --> gsy...@echidna.stu.cowan.edu.au      (        }
Home   --> tronc...@ozemail.com.au      ----->>  o_,~-\_/
Homepage-> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~troncone/        v
   <insert witty remark or meaningful quote here!>

Re:Delphi 1 + Pdox tables - Security

Well other than the fact that Paradox passwords are inherently insecure
and breakable......

     You need to create some kind of intermediate form that requests the
login/password, and then tracks that information in a seperate table

Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com

Re:Delphi 1 + Pdox tables - Security

Hi,
I've had a simliar problem with login and user-identification. I've found a
little freeware-component which reads the user logged in (win95 or nt).
Like that you don't need to create such a component. To get the information
(create, edit etc.) you must simply programm a beforepost procedure which
writes the username or something similar in the record.
If you would like the component feel free to mail me.

Greeting,

Mark
(Go...@iwi.uni-sb.de}

TimeOilMIS <timeoil...@aol.com> schrieb im Beitrag
<19970905162600.MAA10...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

> Well other than the fact that Paradox passwords are inherently insecure
> and breakable......

>      You need to create some kind of intermediate form that requests the
> login/password, and then tracks that information in a seperate table

> Brad Miller
> Timeoil...@aol.com

Other Threads