Trouble with maximize button in MDI form

I have an MDI form containing a page control which fills the whole form. If
I maximize the form and change to another tab sheet on the page control, the
minimize, restore and close buttons of the MDI form vanish.
I have tried to solve this by catching the appropriate maximize messages in
a FormWindowProc and maximizing the MDI form manually (without merging the
caption bars of the child and main window), but then the maximize button
does not change to the restore button of course.

So, how can I avoid that the system buttons vanish or how can I change the
maximize button to the restore button?

Re:Trouble with maximize button in MDI form

This is a known Delphi bug. See:
http://buglist.jrsoftware.org/generated/entry0277.htm

Tore Ottinsen schrieb:

> I have an MDI form containing a page control which fills the whole form. If
> I maximize the form and change to another tab sheet on the page control, the
> minimize, restore and close buttons of the MDI form vanish.

Menu problems in MDI applications are known for all Delphi versions.
Maybe

http://buglist.jrsoftware.org/generated/entry0372.htm

can help you, there is a number of workarounds, too.

-Michael

Other Threads