delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

In my delphi3 projects I get an empty window on the taskbar after closing
the application...

does anyone has similar problems ?
and/or a fix for this ?

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

Daniel Meure wrote:

> In my delphi3 projects I get an empty window on the taskbar after closing
> the application...

> does anyone has similar problems ?
> and/or a fix for this ?

I get that too, but it goes away if I click it.

David

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

Daniel Meure schrieb in Nachricht <68o0jc$2d...@thor.wirehub.nl>...

>In my delphi3 projects I get an empty window on the taskbar after
closing
>the application...

>does anyone has similar problems ?
>and/or a fix for this ?

This also happened to me with other applications.

Rudy Velthuis

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

I don't recall having this problem but I can think of two ways that MAY
fix it so that it disappears correctly on termination:

1) On your application exit procedure  //this is the one I would use
    ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);

OR

2) On your application exit procedure
    try Application.ShowMainForm:=FALSE;

just some ideas
Shane Bridges
kinet...@ix.netcom.com

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998 23:00:14 +0100, "Rudy Velthuis" <rvelth...@cww.de>
wrote:

>Daniel Meure schrieb in Nachricht <68o0jc$2d...@thor.wirehub.nl>...
>>In my delphi3 projects I get an empty window on the taskbar after
>closing
>>the application...

>>does anyone has similar problems ?
>>and/or a fix for this ?

I used to have the same problem too. It happens when the app is
running full screen. The work around is to set the form's windowstate
back to wsnormal before closing the app.

Daniel Meure wrote:

> In my delphi3 projects I get an empty window on the taskbar after closing
> the application...

> does anyone has similar problems ?
> and/or a fix for this ?

Yes, this seems to happen occasionally. I'm pretty sure however, this a
W95 problem. On my system it also occurs with other apps. It seems to be
harmless, just click on it, and it will disappear

regards,
Dirk Claessens|Agfa-Belgium|Instrumentation Dpt.
<dirk.claessens...@belgium.agfa.com>

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

Well I discovered it only happens when I set the main form to have no
border!
so this is not a win95 bug it's a delphi bug. When I try this with delphi 1
or 2 it is working fine!

Dirk Claessens wrote in message <34B0A427....@belgium.agfa.com>...
>Daniel Meure wrote:

>> In my delphi3 projects I get an empty window on the taskbar after closing
>> the application...

>> does anyone has similar problems ?
>> and/or a fix for this ?

>Yes, this seems to happen occasionally. I'm pretty sure however, this a
>W95 problem. On my system it also occurs with other apps. It seems to be
>harmless, just click on it, and it will disappear

>regards,
>--
>Dirk Claessens|Agfa-Belgium|Instrumentation Dpt.
><dirk.claessens...@belgium.agfa.com>

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

>Well I discovered it only happens when I set the main form to have no
>border!
>so this is not a win95 bug it's a delphi bug. When I try this with delphi 1
>or 2 it is working fine!

Although it is not harmless, and it might work fine with Delphi 1 & 2, I
only have Delphi 3 and I would really like to get rid of that little
window.. I have a couple of projects I'm working on that have "borderless"
forms... is there a way to do something like a "Taskbar.Refresh" call??
Perhaps that would make it disapear?

Best Wishes,
  Bryce

   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
   Programmer/Analyst
   ROMulin Group Inc.
   http://www.romulin.com
   mailto://br...@eve.info$$$.umoncton.ca
   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
note: remove all dollar signs from email address to reply

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

Sorry, but you're missing the point here.
1/ Remember that Delphi for the greatest part encapsulates Windows'
behaviour, so if Windows leaves a captionless button on the taskbar after an
application with a borderless mainform is closed , then I consider this to
be a *Windows* problem.
2/ I repeat that this fenomenon has been observed by many people I know ,
and with many professional **non-Delphi** apps.

Anyway, groetjes van de Zuiderburen!
--
Dirk Claessens
Office : <dirk.claessens...@belgium.agfa.com>

Dirk Claessens schrieb in Nachricht <68rj7t$5k...@xenon.inbe.net>...

>Sorry, but you're missing the point here.
>1/ Remember that Delphi for the greatest part encapsulates Windows'
>behaviour, so if Windows leaves a captionless button on the taskbar
after an
>application with a borderless mainform is closed , then I consider
this to
>be a *Windows* problem.
>2/ I repeat that this fenomenon has been observed by many people I
know ,
>and with many professional **non-Delphi** apps.

>Anyway, groetjes van de Zuiderburen!

I agree. I've seen it happen with many (even Micro$oft) apps. I find
it very hard to believe *they* use Delphi to write apps with (They
propably use VC++ or - perhaps even - VB..... Nah, now I come to think
of it... not VB, no).

I even think it started happening after I installed M$ IE 4.0, but I'm
not sure.

Anyway, groetjes van een Noorderbuur uit het Oosten (Duitsland)
Rudy Velthuis

Rudy Velthuis wrote in message <68vpmd$a5l...@demdwu11.telemedia.de>...

>Dirk Claessens schrieb in Nachricht <68rj7t$5k...@xenon.inbe.net>...
>>Sorry, but you're missing the point here.
>>1/ Remember that Delphi for the greatest part encapsulates Windows'
>>behaviour, so if Windows leaves a captionless button on the taskbar
>after an
>>application with a borderless mainform is closed , then I consider
>this to
>>be a *Windows* problem.
>>2/ I repeat that this fenomenon has been observed by many people I
>know ,
>>and with many professional **non-Delphi** apps.

>>Anyway, groetjes van de Zuiderburen!

>I agree. I've seen it happen with many (even Micro$oft) apps. I find
>it very hard to believe *they* use Delphi to write apps with (They
>propably use VC++ or - perhaps even - VB..... Nah, now I come to think
>of it... not VB, no).

>I even think it started happening after I installed M$ IE 4.0, but I'm
>not sure.

>Anyway, groetjes van een Noorderbuur uit het Oosten (Duitsland)
>Rudy Velthuis

als je toch aan het groeten zijn:
de groeten aan het zuiden en het oosten!

helaas moet ik jullie gelijk geven....

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

>>>Sorry, but you're missing the point here.
>>>1/ Remember that Delphi for the greatest part encapsulates Windows'
>>>behaviour, so if Windows leaves a captionless button on the taskbar
>>after an
>>>application with a borderless mainform is closed , then I consider
>>this to
>>>be a *Windows* problem.
>>>2/ I repeat that this fenomenon has been observed by many people I
>>know ,
>>>and with many professional **non-Delphi** apps.

>>>Anyway, groetjes van de Zuiderburen!

Did anybody out there figure out a way to fix it?  Is there some
"workaround" to cure the problem?  If somebody has one, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks,
  Bryce

   Bristen Bourque (aka Bryce)
   Programmer/Analyst
   ROMulin Group Inc.
   http://www.romulin.com
   mailto://romulin@nbnet.$nb.ca (subject line = Bryce)
   http://eve.info.umoncton.ca:8080/~bryce
note: remove all dollar signs in email address to reply

Re:delphi3 leaving an empty window on the taskbar

Bryce (Bristen Bourque) wrote:

[snip]
> Did anybody out there figure out a way to fix it?  Is there some
> "workaround" to cure the problem?  If somebody has one, PLEASE let me know.

[snip]
Bryce,

IF you can prove (or just suspect) that the fenomenon is caused by using
a borderless form, then there are  only 2 solutions:
1. don't use borderless forms, or
2. E-mail the problem to Bill Gates...