Access violation and 'suppression' file

Hello, everyone.

I have tried to install my app (Delphi 3.01) on Win95 machines ranging from
486 to P/200. Then, when attempting to run the progam I get a continuous
Access Violation exception after the appearance of my splash screen. The
error message box pops up over and over until I exit the app. I also
noticed that I have a .sup file in the project's folder with the following
contents:

//SUPPRESSIONPROJ:DealCertify
//VERSION:5.00
//ENABLE:Yes

I can't find any info on .sup files.

Note: my splash form has two timers and loads a bitmap from the .exe. Also,
the project source autocreates only one form, then the timers kick in to
create the remaining forms.

Gratefully, ej

Re:Access violation and 'suppression' file

I'm not certain what the .sup files are but I had a similar problem with an
app that I wrote.  During my splash screen, I get many Access Violation
errors.  My problem was that I enabled the timer event in design mode.  When
the app was initialized, the timer started firing.  My timer function tried
to access objects that weren't created yet.  This was confirmed when I
noticed that the access violation errors were appearing at the same rate
that my timer was fired.  My solution was not to enable the timer until
after all forms, objects, etc. were created.

ej wrote in message <01bcedcb$6b28a0e0$1914a...@primenet.primenet.com>...
>Hello, everyone.

>I have tried to install my app (Delphi 3.01) on Win95 machines ranging from
>486 to P/200. Then, when attempting to run the progam I get a continuous
>Access Violation exception after the appearance of my splash screen. The

<snip>
>Note: my splash form has two timers and loads a bitmap from the .exe. Also,
>the project source autocreates only one form, then the timers kick in to
>create the remaining forms.

>Gratefully, ej

Re:Access violation and 'suppression' file

Hello, Chris.

Thank you for your response. I neglected to mention that the program runs
beautifully on my development PC, both inside the IDE and as an executable
on its own.

ej

Other Threads