TTCP - which DLLs, OCXs do I need?

I use the Delphi 3 component TTCP and my programs won't run on a PC
with no Delphi on it. Obviously I forgot some files (DLLs or something
like that). Any hints? TCP/IP is installed on every PC.

I use TTCPs LocalIP property to determine the IP address of the local
host. Is there any other method to do this?

Re:TTCP - which DLLs, OCXs do I need?

--------------FB74B5C2F925C7469881FAA1

Gerhard Hofmann wrote:
> I use the Delphi 3 component TTCP and my programs won't run on a PC
> with no Delphi on it. Obviously I forgot some files (DLLs or something
> like that). Any hints? TCP/IP is installed on every PC.

Hi Gerhard

I have posted a similar article of this subject before but here goes...

The TCP/IP component shipped with D3 is possibly the worst designed
component I have *ever* set my eyes on. I'm not alone on this - I have had
e-mails from several people agreeing with me. For reasons best known to
the twisted minds of the programmers, the components require that OLE is
installed on the target machines. In other words, you can't just copy the
exe file across. You have to build a full InstallShield Express handler
for it. After about 2 days of wasted development time (Thanks, Borland) I
went back to the original component I found.

This component is superb and best of all it's free. Written by a very
clever chap called Andreas H?rstemeier and you can find it on his website
which is: http://www.westend.de/~hoerstemeier/

I found this component extremly easy to use - I recommend it to everyone
who deals with Delphi and TCP/IP.

--

Martin Brooks - Systems Administrator
=====================================

  T: 0171 336 7942
  F: 0171 336 7943
  E: mar...@image-data.com
UIN: 2178117

- Computers make very fast, very accurate mistaks -

--------------FB74B5C2F925C7469881FAA1

begin:          vcard
fn:             Martin  Brooks
n:              Brooks;Martin
org:            Image Data Systems (UK) Ltd
adr:            82-84 Clerkenwell Road;;;London;;EC1M 5RJ;UK
email;internet: mar...@image-data.com
title:          Systems Administrator
tel;work:       +44 (0) 171 336 7942
tel;fax:        +44 (0) 171 336 7943