2 Graphic cards in TP5?

Hi all,

Is it possible to connect two VGA 16 bits graphic cards on a 386 or 486
and to use one of the two's in a DOS TP5 program?

The utimate aim is to display information on Monitors or TV's...

Best, Guy

Re:2 Graphic cards in TP5?

Guy LOUIS wrote:
> Hi all,

> Is it possible to connect two VGA 16 bits graphic cards on a 386 or 486
> and to use one of the two's in a DOS TP5 program?

> The utimate aim is to display information on Monitors or TV's...

> Best, Guy

1. you can have a VGA and a HGC in one PC. This works. I have it myself.
    At least TP 6+ can use the HGC for the Editor and the VGA for the
    program output, but you can use both in your app.

2. you can have a AGP and a PCI VGA in one PC or a PCI and a PCI in one
    PC. This can work, especially if the two cards have the same or
    similar chipsets (e.g. both Tseng ET4000). I haven't tested this
    myself, but at Ralf Browns webpage there is source for this.
    (PCI+PCI). For AGP there often is some setting in the BIOS which
    selects which card is the first: AGP or PCI

3. you can switch between cards with some INT 10h Subfunction, but if
    you have two VGAs you can't get the model there. So YOU must know
    which VGA of yours is active and keep track of this...

4. I'm interested in this subject myself for some gfx-app. for DOS but
    haven't got the time for extensive work on it. But if you get some
    more infos about this topic, could you mail me then? I could mail you
    the source of a simple card switching program for VGA/HGC (could also
    work with VGA/VGA but not yet tested)

Greetings

Markus

Other Threads