Memory thing

I would like to have a program running continiously
on the background, and when I press a key combi-
nation this program must react. I would also like to
display an icon in the Win95/98 taskbar (besides
the clock). Dous anyone know how to do this all?

Thanks.

Re:Memory thing

In article <7a1vov$rm...@reader2.wxs.nl>, benja...@capitolonline.nl says...

>I would like to have a program running continiously
>on the background, and when I press a key combi-
>nation this program must react. I would also like to
>display an icon in the Win95/98 taskbar (besides
>the clock). Dous anyone know how to do this all?

To react to keystrokes when your program does not have input focus, you must
write a keyboard hook. Search for "about hooks" in the win32 help file and
navigate from there. To display an icon in the system tray area, search for
"Shell_NotifyIcon" in the win32 help file. I wrote a demo program that
illustrates some system tray programming techniques. Email me for a copy of the
source code (it is written in D3, but should work in D4, since it uses mostly
on API calls).

--
Christo Crause
Thermal Separations Research