Access 2000 and BDE

Hi,

    I have an application written in Delphi 5.0 which uses Access 97
database via BDE. And now we have to install Access 2000. As the suggestion
from other source, I using ODBC instead of BDE and encountered an "Interface
mismatch. Engine version different" error.  Does anyone would know how to
fix the problem? Any suggestion on the ODBC setup?

    Thanks a lot!

Re:Access 2000 and BDE

I suggest using ADO rather than ODBC. ADO isn't allowed to be used in your
app?

Re:Access 2000 and BDE

I believe this error means that your app was compiled against one version of
the BDE, but you are trying to run it on a machine with an older version of
the BDE installed.

"May" <mc...@acnielsen.com.hk> wrote in message news:3d3e4fcc_2@dnews...
> Hi,

>     I have an application written in Delphi 5.0 which uses Access 97
> database via BDE. And now we have to install Access 2000. As the
suggestion
> from other source, I using ODBC instead of BDE and encountered an
"Interface
> mismatch. Engine version different" error.  Does anyone would know how to
> fix the problem? Any suggestion on the ODBC setup?

>     Thanks a lot!

Re:Access 2000 and BDE

I cannot use ADO since the Delphi 5.0 that I am using is in professional
version which does not have ADO component. Any other suggestion.

Thanks for your help.

JasonSoft wrote in message <3d3ec7a7_1@dnews>...
>I suggest using ADO rather than ODBC. ADO isn't allowed to be used in your
>app?

Re:Access 2000 and BDE

>    I have an application written in Delphi 5.0 which uses Access 97
>database via BDE. And now we have to install Access 2000. As the suggestion
>from other source, I using ODBC instead of BDE and encountered an "Interface
>mismatch. Engine version different" error.  Does anyone would know how to
>fix the problem? Any suggestion on the ODBC setup?

You have multiple versions of BDE dlls on the problem machine.  The most common
reason for this happening is when you have a BDE dll in your application
directory that is not the same version as the BDE you have installed.

Brian
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com