Unwork under Data Access Component 2.6

My application which I write before has been unworked after I downloaded and
installed Data access component 2.6 from microsoft network. And I can't
uninstall it to resume 2.5 version. Help me please!

Re:Unwork under Data Access Component 2.6

alder@shingshun (Alder Jeo) wrote in <3a0cd884_1@dnews>:

>My application which I write before has been unworked after I downloaded
>and installed Data access component 2.6 from microsoft network. And I
>can't uninstall it to resume 2.5 version. Help me please!

Two ways:
1. Try to find the unofficial patch for MDAC 2.6 from Inprise, try it to
see if it fixes your problem;
2. Find out all MDAC 2.6 files (You can use Component Checker to do that)
and delete them manually, then install MDAC 2.5.
Maybe there is 3rd way, like fully reinstall your system. (Just a joke.)

George

Re:Unwork under Data Access Component 2.6

Hi Alder,

Microsoft knew something they chose not to share with the rest of us
when they released MDAC 2.6.

To the best of my knowledge, it is the first version they allow you to
uninstall.

The precise instructions are given on the link
http://support.microsoft.com/view/dev.asp?ID=hl&pg=mdac.asp

Cheers

-Mohamed

George Wei wrote:

> alder@shingshun (Alder Jeo) wrote in <3a0cd884_1@dnews>:

> >My application which I write before has been unworked after I downloaded
> >and installed Data access component 2.6 from microsoft network. And I
> >can't uninstall it to resume 2.5 version. Help me please!

> Two ways:
> 1. Try to find the unofficial patch for MDAC 2.6 from Inprise, try it to
> see if it fixes your problem;
> 2. Find out all MDAC 2.6 files (You can use Component Checker to do that)
> and delete them manually, then install MDAC 2.5.
> Maybe there is 3rd way, like fully reinstall your system. (Just a joke.)

> George

Other Threads