CreateOLEObject raises exception "access denied"

We use an OLE Server from Intuitive Data called idsMail. We create an
instance of the server from our application which runs as a service. On
some machines, CreateOLEObject raises an exception with the message
"Access Denied". Does anyone know why a localSystem service would not be
able to access a local OLE server. Not sure whether this is a Windows,
Delphi or idsMail issue.

Re:CreateOLEObject raises exception "access denied"

Hello,

Curious, Is it possible that the SYSTEM account is not in the Default Access
permissions for DCOM?

--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc

Derek Evan wrote in message <354E3645.BBEC7...@tidalsoft.com>...
>We use an OLE Server from Intuitive Data called idsMail. We create an
>instance of the server from our application which runs as a service. On
>some machines, CreateOLEObject raises an exception with the message
>"Access Denied". Does anyone know why a localSystem service would not be
>able to access a local OLE server. Not sure whether this is a Windows,
>Delphi or idsMail issue.

Other Threads