Interbase & Internet

Hi,

I would like to make an Interbase DB accessable from the Internet, which I
have never done before.

Could someone give me some guidelines how to approch this, what to use to
create the Internet site etc..

Indications on which documents to read would be fine

Thanks in advance

Jan

Re:Interbase & Internet

> Could someone give me some guidelines how to approch this, what to use to
> create the Internet site etc..

It depends on what you plan to use... will it run on IIS? Apache?
Wich tools are you using presently?  Wich programmation language do you
know?

Re:Interbase & Internet

I'm using Delphi 7 pro, and have made some server client applications with
Interbase

"Frederic Gelinas" <frederic_geli...@hotmail.com> a crit dans le message de

> > Could someone give me some guidelines how to approch this, what to use
> > create the Internet site etc..

> It depends on what you plan to use... will it run on IIS? Apache?
> Wich tools are you using presently?  Wich programmation language do you
> know?

Re:Interbase & Internet

From what you have told me via email (D7 and knowledge of C/S) I would
recommend a Delphi solution like IntraWeb or WebSnap.

Hint: just try to do a hello world page and other easy datanavigation with
many tools and choose after.  read a lot and take your time.  Allow at least
a whole week of testing and reading before choosing.  It may seems a lot,
but it is important to choose what meet your needs.

"Jan" <jan.laurid...@wanadoo.fr> a crit dans le message de

> Hi,

> I would like to make an Interbase DB accessable from the Internet, which I
> have never done before.

> Could someone give me some guidelines how to approch this, what to use to
> create the Internet site etc..

> Indications on which documents to read would be fine

> Thanks in advance

> Jan

Re:Interbase & Internet

Thanks

> From what you have told me via email (D7 and knowledge of C/S) I would
> recommend a Delphi solution like IntraWeb or WebSnap.

> Hint: just try to do a hello world page and other easy datanavigation with
> many tools and choose after.  read a lot and take your time.  Allow at
least
> a whole week of testing and reading before choosing.  It may seems a lot,
> but it is important to choose what meet your needs.

> "Jan" <jan.laurid...@wanadoo.fr> a crit dans le message de
> > Hi,

> > I would like to make an Interbase DB accessable from the Internet, which
> > have never done before.

> > Could someone give me some guidelines how to approch this, what to use
> > create the Internet site etc..

> > Indications on which documents to read would be fine

> > Thanks in advance

> > Jan

Other Threads