D5/Std does not contain any DB support???

I just looked at the featurelist of D5
        http://www.borland.com/delphi/productinfo/featurelist/database.html

It says that D5 does not contain any DB support.
Neither BDE nor any data-aware components.
Is this really true?

A bit surprised,
        Arne
--
remove '(nospam)' from my email address

Re:D5/Std does not contain any DB support???

Yeouch! I just went and compared the features... STD version is little
more than "Turbo EDLIN - Now with Mouse Support!"

Translation Table:
STD    =  DemoWare
PRO    =  Standard
ENT    =  Professional

Call it Name Inflation...

Al

Arne Bayer wrote:
> I just looked at the featurelist of D5
>         http://www.borland.com/delphi/productinfo/featurelist/database.html

> It says that D5 does not contain any DB support.
> Neither BDE nor any data-aware components.
> Is this really true?

> A bit surprised,
>         Arne
> --