Default-Values in Paradox tables

Hello,

in Paradox You can define a default value for each field in a table. For
example: I have a table with a field called "city". I define a default value
"Leipzig". Each new record has the value "Leipzig" in the field "city".
My problem: How can I read/write this default value with Delphi 3?

Thanks & best regards,
Wolfhard Kupfer, Germany
E-Mail: wkup...@metronet.de

Re:Default-Values in Paradox tables

Wolfhard Kupfer wrote:

> Hello,

> in Paradox You can define a default value for each field in a table. For
> example: I have a table with a field called "city". I define a default value
> "Leipzig". Each new record has the value "Leipzig" in the field "city".
> My problem: How can I read/write this default value with Delphi 3?

I believe it can be done with the Database desktop when you NORMALIZE
the table.

You could also define the values in a OnNewRecord() event of the TTable
at runtime..

Hope that helps!

Rkr
--