PLEASE HELP BEGINNER WITH PASCAL

I have just been given an assignment using an array find out student scores.
I also have to find a command that will then display the scpres in
descending and ascending order. Does anyone have any ideas?

Please respond via Email  -  ccaa...@ucl.ac.uk

Re:PLEASE HELP BEGINNER WITH PASCAL

Miss Joanna E Cooper wrote:

> I have just been given an assignment using an array find out student scores.
> I also have to find a command that will then display the scpres in
> descending and ascending order. Does anyone have any ideas?

> Please respond via Email  -  ccaa...@ucl.ac.uk

You do not have to FIND a command ;-) you have to WRITE a program which
does this. You need to check about VARiables , ARRAYs, FOR loops
and program I/O (write,writeln,read, readln). Good luck.

   __/  __/   -  Christian Froeschlin
  /    /
 /     _/     * If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, *
___/ _/       * however improbable, must be the BUG !              *

Re:PLEASE HELP BEGINNER WITH PASCAL

> I have just been given an assignment using an array find out student scores.
> I also have to find a command that will then display the scpres in
> descending and ascending order. Does anyone have any ideas?

> Please respond via Email  -  ccaa...@ucl.ac.uk

   First, E-mail replies are discouraged here, since you've posted a
public message, and others will likely benefit from any (valid) solutions
- why keep the knowledge to yourself?
   Second, this is obviously a class assignment, which isn't something we
do for others: you really should do your own work.
   Third, "finding out student scores" is hopelessly vague: what does it
mean; where does the input come from; what kind of scores; why must you
use "an array"????
   Lastly, why do you think there's "a command" for ordering the data in
an array - did someone tell you there's such a thing?  Do you not (yet)
know that Pascal constructs are "statements", not "commands"?  Or do you
expect to have some DOS command do the sorting work for you?
   In essence, there's so little to work with here, it would be quite
impossible to fulfill your needs - even if it _weren't_ a student
assignment.  One of the primary things you should (have) learn(ed) in
this class is that any problem specification must be clear, explicit, and
unambiguous - yours isn't, so anything which might be posted here would
probably be (1) wrong, (2) misleading, and/or (3) beyond your
understanding.  For these sorts of tasks, why don't you work with your
teacher, to both fill out your knowledge about programming/Pascal and
understand this particular assignment.

Other Threads