Remote shell with null-modem.... plz help

Hi all,

If anybody could tell me how to invoke a DOS shell remotely using a
null-modem cable? I want to work remotely on a computer using a
null-modem cable. So i need to invoke a shell THERE and then execute
THERE in that shell the command "CTTY COM1". But how do I start that
shell? and How do I send commands there?

Please answer to al...@mail.snunit.k12.il , because I don't read this
group frequently.
Thank you.
Alex

Re:Remote shell with null-modem.... plz help

In article <48av71$...@shum.cc.huji.ac.il>
           al...@mail.snunit.k12.il "Alex Shnitman" writes:

> Hi all,

> If anybody could tell me how to invoke a DOS shell remotely using a
> null-modem cable? I want to work remotely on a computer using a
> null-modem cable. So i need to invoke a shell THERE and then execute
> THERE in that shell the command "CTTY COM1". But how do I start that
> shell? and How do I send commands there?

You won't be able to just hook up the computers and have commands accepted
via COM1 unless you run some sort of client -- even if it is transient --
program on that computer.

--
Tom Wheeley, <holyhorns>, MAMSWWBUW
* TQ 1.0 * From the rec.humor.funny one-liner file.

Other Threads