Word 97, 2000, XP Automation

I want my program to support simple automation (mail merging, filling fields
etc) for Word 97, 2000 and XP (2002) with Delphi 5.

The question is : how do I support all of these without knowing which
version a client has installed?

I've tried using the D5 server components for 97 which work with 2000 and
97, but the "Server throws an exception" on XP.

Presumably, I must use LATE binding to allow for the different versions (?),
but again I have problems with XP.

Any suggestions / examples would be greatly appreciated (I've looked at
Deborah Pate's site which has been very helpful).

TIA,

Hedley Muscroft
Pioneer Software Ltd

Re:Word 97, 2000, XP Automation

I can see the header of your post on my ISP's copy of this
newsgroup, but it hasn't been sent to Borland's news
server.
That means that most of the people who read Borland's
newsgroups cannot see your post.

To post messages that other people will see, you need to
connect to Borland's server, newsgroups.borland.com,
directly. Here's a link with instructions if you don't know
how:
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/newsinfo.html

If you cannot connect directly to newsgroups because
of a firewall, you can post to Borland's newsgroups
via the web pages at http://newsgroups.borland.com/

  TeamB don't see posts sent via Google or ISPs