for Dmitry, Outlook Question

following:

     In your particular case, Extended MAPI will be very easy to use
    1. Download Extended MAPI headers from my site (url below) - go to
OutlookSpy,
    then click "Resources"
    2. Add MAPIDefs, MAPITags and MAPIUtils to the uses clause.
    3. Change your code to

    var Msg : IMessage;
         strHeaders, strSenderEMail : string;

    try
        if S_OK = HrGetOneProp(Msg, PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS, pProp)
then begin

Using d6, I got "[Error] outlookimport.pas(113): Undeclared identifier:
'pProp'".  can you tell me where pProp is defined?
I hope that is all I am missing for this to work

Thanks
Bill

Re:for Dmitry, Outlook Question

var pProp : PSPropValue;

It is defined in MAPIDefs.pas

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

"Bill" <btalb...@fbtc.net> wrote in message news:3bcdc088$1_1@dnews...
> following:

>      In your particular case, Extended MAPI will be very easy to use
>     1. Download Extended MAPI headers from my site (url below) - go to
> OutlookSpy,
>     then click "Resources"
>     2. Add MAPIDefs, MAPITags and MAPIUtils to the uses clause.
>     3. Change your code to

>     var Msg : IMessage;
>          strHeaders, strSenderEMail : string;

>     try
>         if S_OK = HrGetOneProp(Msg, PR_TRANSPORT_MESSAGE_HEADERS, pProp)
> then begin

> Using d6, I got "[Error] outlookimport.pas(113): Undeclared identifier:
> 'pProp'".  can you tell me where pProp is defined?
> I hope that is all I am missing for this to work

> Thanks
> Bill

Re:for Dmitry, Outlook Question

Dmitry;

Thanks for the quick reply.  I double checked MAPIDefs.pas, I could not find
a reference to PProp.  The file time/date stamp is 9/28/2000 2:46pm.  It
appears to be the current one on your most excellent website.  I went to
Outspy/Resources/Extended MAPI headers for Borland Delphi .  I am confident
that is the correct location.  Is there a more recent file?

Thanks for your time
Bill

"Dmitry Streblechenko" <dmi...@dimastr.com> wrote in message

> var pProp : PSPropValue;

> It is defined in MAPIDefs.pas

> Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
> http://www.dimastr.com/
> OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
> and MAPI Developer Tool

Re:for Dmitry, Outlook Question

Bill,
     I think what you need to do is to make sure that MAPIDefs is added to
your uses.  pProp is a variable, not a type.  It is declared as a type of
PSPropValue (defined int MAPIDefs.pas).  So in your var block, you need to
yourself define pProp like this

var pProp : PSPropValue;

Now you have a variable named pProp that is of type PSPropValue.

HTH.

Paul

"Bill" <btalb...@fbtc.net> wrote in message news:3bcedc63$1_2@dnews...
> Dmitry;

> Thanks for the quick reply.  I double checked MAPIDefs.pas, I could not
find
> a reference to PProp.

Re:for Dmitry, Outlook Question

Paul;

thanks for the reply.  I did have MAPIDefs in the uses clause.  but you were
right about the rest.  I had it in my head that it needed to come from the
file.  thanks for setting me straight, a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

regards
Bill

"Paul Qualls" <p...@xapware.com> wrote in message news:3bceec02$1_2@dnews...
> Bill,
>      I think what you need to do is to make sure that MAPIDefs is added to
> your uses.  pProp is a variable, not a type.  It is declared as a type of
> PSPropValue (defined int MAPIDefs.pas).  So in your var block, you need to
> yourself define pProp like this

> var pProp : PSPropValue;

> Now you have a variable named pProp that is of type PSPropValue.

> HTH.

> Paul

> "Bill" <btalb...@fbtc.net> wrote in message news:3bcedc63$1_2@dnews...
> > Dmitry;

> > Thanks for the quick reply.  I double checked MAPIDefs.pas, I could not
> find
> > a reference to PProp.

Other Threads