Window menu does not show in MDI app

I have an MDI app and have been trying to get the
Window menu to show up. I have used examples in the book, and looked
at the examples (mdiApp) that came with Delphi 5. I cannot
get my window menu to show.

AM using D5. Have set the windowmenu property on the main form
to a top level menu item (called 'Window', what else).

What am I missing? My forms work as intended etc etc.

Thanks,
  Rene

Re:Window menu does not show in MDI app

> I have an MDI app and have been trying to get the
> Window menu to show up. I have used examples in the book, and looked
> at the examples (mdiApp) that came with Delphi 5. I cannot
> get my window menu to show.
> AM using D5. Have set the windowmenu property on the main form
> to a top level menu item (called 'Window', what else).
> What am I missing? My forms work as intended etc etc.

Try to set the menus AutoHotkeys and AutoLineReduction properties to
maManual, the maAutomatic value seems to interfere with the way
Windows handles the Window menu in MDI apps.

Re:Window menu does not show in MDI app

Thanks. I tried different combinations of these settings, but still no
luck.

Rene

"Peter Below (TeamB)" wrote:

> > I have an MDI app and have been trying to get the
> > Window menu to show up. I have used examples in the book, and looked
> > at the examples (mdiApp) that came with Delphi 5. I cannot
> > get my window menu to show.
> > AM using D5. Have set the windowmenu property on the main form
> > to a top level menu item (called 'Window', what else).
> > What am I missing? My forms work as intended etc etc.

> Try to set the menus AutoHotkeys and AutoLineReduction properties to
> maManual, the maAutomatic value seems to interfere with the way
> Windows handles the Window menu in MDI apps.

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!

Other Threads