BDE Error: # of Max File handles exceeded

Hello,

I wrote a D1 data base application using BDE 2.52 and paradox files.
Sometimes I get the following error message from the BDE which is similar to
(I don't know exactly)
   BDE: Number of Max File handles exceeded.
        Increase NumMaxFileHandles in the BDE Config (?)

The only way out is to reboot WfW 3.11.

- Is it a bug in the BDE?
- Is it a memory leak in my app? I am pretty sure that I am always closing
  TTables when finishing the app or closing TForms.

Note:
- I didn't change the entry in the BDE config, so I think the number is high
  enough.
- Config.sys: FILES=50 (Should I increase this?)

Thanks,
   Arne.

--
 | Arne Bayer                                                              |
 | Universit?t der Bundeswehr Mnchen, Fakult?t fr Informatik, Institut 2 |

Re:BDE Error: # of Max File handles exceeded

> Note:
> - I didn't change the entry in the BDE config, so I think the number is
high
>   enough.
> - Config.sys: FILES=50 (Should I increase this?)

You should increase it for sure. We currently use 250 in config.sys and 120
in BDECFG and occassionally, we still get 'Too many cursor handles' (or
somethink like that) errors when too many tables are open. We close every
table (at least we try to do so), but this happens. Does someone have a
solution for this?

--
Gyula Karakas
gkara...@vamszoft.datanet.hu