SWAG9602: A word of caution!

Just d/l-ed SWAG9602.ZIP from garbo this evening.  After running it, there's
something I think people should be aware of.  I'm hoping this is an isolated
case.

The SWAG9602.EXE program broke 10 of my .SWG files:

ANSI.SWG
COMM.SWG
DATETIME.SWG
FILES.SWG
MOUSE.SWG
PRINTING.SWG
SCREEN.SWG
SORTING.SWG
TEXTFILE.SWG
WIN-OS2.SWG

Characteristics:  (Based on sorting by number) there is one or more
new snippet near the top of the packet when it should be at the bottom with
the rest.  Attempting to read the last message (and sometimes next to last
message) causes a popup box reporting a CRC error, and the program quits to
DOS.  Also, the packet's title is either either blank, truncated, or shown
as "UNTITLED".

If you still want to install this edition, BACK UP YOUR .SWG FILES BEFORE
TRYING IT!!!  If you have problems, *please* don't bombard the SWAG team
about it.  I'll be sending mail, so they'll know about the problem, if it's
really a problem.  If you *do* install it without any problems, I would like
to know (and maybe beg for some unbroken files ;-).

--
Scott F. Earnest             |0100100001000001010010010100110000100000|
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu   |0100010101010010010010010101001100100001|

Re:SWAG9602: A word of caution!

sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu (Scott F. Earnest) writes:

>Just d/l-ed SWAG9602.ZIP from garbo this evening.  After running it, there's
>something I think people should be aware of.  I'm hoping this is an isolated
>case.
>The SWAG9602.EXE program broke 10 of my .SWG files:
>ANSI.SWG
>COMM.SWG
>DATETIME.SWG
>FILES.SWG
>MOUSE.SWG
>PRINTING.SWG
>SCREEN.SWG
>SORTING.SWG
>TEXTFILE.SWG
>WIN-OS2.SWG
>Characteristics:  (Based on sorting by number) there is one or more
>new snippet near the top of the packet when it should be at the bottom with
>the rest.  Attempting to read the last message (and sometimes next to last
>message) causes a popup box reporting a CRC error, and the program quits to
>DOS.  Also, the packet's title is either either blank, truncated, or shown
>as "UNTITLED".
>If you still want to install this edition, BACK UP YOUR .SWG FILES BEFORE
>TRYING IT!!!  If you have problems, *please* don't bombard the SWAG team
>about it.  I'll be sending mail, so they'll know about the problem, if it's
>really a problem.  If you *do* install it without any problems, I would like
>to know (and maybe beg for some unbroken files ;-).
>--
>Scott F. Earnest             |0100100001000001010010010100110000100000|
>sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu   |0100010101010010010010010101001100100001|
>Head Pope, Non-Extant Temple of Afrodite, Goddess of Funky 70's Hairdos -><-
>      YOU'VE BEEN LIED TO:  Possession is only one tenth of the law.
>                The other nine tenths is really STUPIDITY!

I just instal it seperated from the older swags, because you can identify
the old and the news ones (so you don't see what you've seen before) more
pleasant to view.

I only feel pity much delphi nowadays..

Regards,

Patrick Eradus
n...@cc-haarlem.nl

In article <DnuIp7...@solair1.inter.NL.net> n...@solair1.inter.NL.net (Nibbering) writes:
>I just instal it seperated from the older swags, because you can identify
>the old and the news ones (so you don't see what you've seen before) more
>pleasant to view.

Actually, as you update SWAG libraries, newer snippets are marked with
ASCII #251 (square root smybol, looks more like a check mark to me ;-), so
you can tell what's just been added.  Besides, the old stuff isn't any less
useful, and everything's in the same place.

>I only feel pity much delphi nowadays..

Yes, that *does* seem to be the biggest addition to SWAG this time around.
Perhaps if this continues, there will be a Delphi-specific version of SWAG
distributed.

--
Scott F. Earnest             |0100100001000001010010010100110000100000|
sc...@whiplash.res.cmu.edu   |0100010101010010010010010101001100100001|
Head Pope, Non-Extant Temple of Afrodite, Goddess of Funky 70's Hairdos -><-
      YOU'VE BEEN LIED TO:  Possession is only one tenth of the law.
                The other nine tenths is really STUPIDITY!

Other Threads