Delphi / SQL Server / Stored Proc

I have to execute Stored Procedures with SQL?Server.

I am able to work with TTable, TQuery without problem. But I am not able
to call a Stored Procedure, because there's a problem with the
parameters. The stored proc I have to call need no input or output
values, and it returns anything (Except 0).

In the OBJECT?INSPECTOR the default parameter it gives to me is called
RETURN_VALUE with a Float data type. When I try to make it run, it
give's me an error message : Invalid Parameter type for RETURN_VALUE ...
It's normal, because there's no parameter type by default. I tried to
put Result as parameter type, but it says that is not a valid parameter
type.

If someone have information about this problem, please give me a
response!

Dominic Vaillancourt
DVaillanco...@agci.qc.ca

Re:Delphi / SQL Server / Stored Proc

Although I haven't run into the exact problem you're having, I've
had numerous problems with the TStoredProc component.  It just seems
incredibly faulty.  My problems have been with Sybase SQL Anywhere,
however.  I've talked to others with similar problems.  The only
thing I've been able to do is just use a TQuery with a call to the
stored proc as its SQL.  Really hokey, yes, but at least it works.

--
|-  .     ...      -- homepage:  http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~jep9236/ -|
|-  :ason :.:ierce -- snail: PO Box 13209 -- mailto:jpie...@tamu.edu -|

Jason E Pierce wrote:

> Although I haven't run into the exact problem you're having, I've
> had numerous problems with the TStoredProc component.  It just seems
> incredibly faulty.  My problems have been with Sybase SQL Anywhere,
> however.  I've talked to others with similar problems.  The only
> thing I've been able to do is just use a TQuery with a call to the
> stored proc as its SQL.  Really hokey, yes, but at least it works.

        Why is this hoky?  I did some comparision and using
        TQuery was faster than TStoreProc.

        brant