Getting fields from my Delphi App into a Word document

Hi,

I got a Delphi app. I need to get fields from my database (DBase IV)
into a Word document to produce customer specific letters.

Can someone tell me how to do this please?

I've looked in Delphi and Word documentation.

Cheers
Lee

Re:Getting fields from my Delphi App into a Word document

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:23:06 GMT, leeda...@feelthe.force9.net (Lee

Davis) wrote:
>Hi,

>I got a Delphi app. I need to get fields from my database (DBase IV)
>into a Word document to produce customer specific letters.

>Can someone tell me how to do this please?

>I've looked in Delphi and Word documentation.

>Cheers
>Lee

Try something like:

AssignFile(TextFile,'C:\fields.txt');
Rewrite(TextFile);
Writeln(Textfile,'Fieldname1'+#9+'Fieldname2'+#9+'Fieldname3');

 Then for each record you want to use do:

Writeln(Textfile,Fieldname1.value+#9+Fieldname2.value+#9+Fieldname3.value);

You can then use this in your Word document as the source file to
merge from.

HTH
e-mail:
jj...@tref.nl