Indy 10060 Connection timeout on http post

Anybody care to speculate what might be causing this? I would have thought
it was a proxy server, but the client machine doesn't show evidence of a
proxy server in use.

Thanks,
James

Re:Indy 10060 Connection timeout on http post

This is a socket error, not an indy error. Possible causes are:
incorrect IP address used in the URL, incorrect DNS entry or, most
probably, a connection problem with the server.

Alternatively, you've tried to connect to a server that is protected by
a dynamic firewall and you've made it to the blacklist.

Good luck,
Stephane

> Anybody care to speculate what might be causing this? I would have
> thought it was a proxy server, but the client machine doesn't show
> evidence of a proxy server in use.

Re:Indy 10060 Connection timeout on http post

Thanks for the reply.

> This is a socket error, not an indy error. Possible causes are:
> incorrect IP address used in the URL,

I checked this. It's ok.

> incorrect DNS entry or, most
> probably, a connection problem with the server.

Suspected this, but a browser can get to the same address.

> Alternatively, you've tried to connect to a server that is protected by
> a dynamic firewall and you've made it to the blacklist.

I would think that the same addy used in a browser would give me the same
error.

James

Other Threads