working with UDF's...

Hello all!
I'm trying to run some functions stored on a UDF. But I always get the error
below.
I did the following steps. Copyed the dll file to the udf directory
(<interbase>\udf), run the script file to create the external functions
calls but I get the error. I know the UDFs are there, because I see a list
of them (in the database) but I guess it can't find the dll file. I also
tryed rename the file, taking the dll extension, but still didn't worked.
Am I missing something?
Thanks

Goncalo

Here's the error

Invalid token.
invalid request BLR at offset 32.
function STATMIN is not defined.
module name or entrypoint could not be found.

Re:working with UDF's...

> How looks like your DDL (definition) of UDF?
> Xandau

I don't know since I get it from the internet, and I'm new with this. But I
tried other UDF's and get the same error, so the problem must be other...

Re:working with UDF's...

U?ytkownik "Gon?alo Martins" <gmart...@netcabo.pt> napisa3 w wiadomo?ci
> > How looks like your DDL (definition) of UDF?
> > Xandau

> I don't know since I get it from the internet, and I'm new with this. But
> tried other UDF's and get the same error, so the problem must be other...

could you tell us what files you have in <InterbaseInstallDir>\UDF
there should be at least ib_udf.dll  file.

if you have downloaded udf from the internet you should have definition of
udf
a file with content like follows:
CREATE EXTERNAL FUNCTION....blabla
you shoul also own a dll with definition of those functions

ie.
METADATA of UDF (DDL):
DECLARE EXTERNAL FUNCTION ascii_char
INTEGER RETURNS CHAR(1) FREE_IT
ENTRY_POINT 'IB_UDF_ascii_char' MODULE_NAME 'ib_udf';

so to use that function you have to have in /UDF dir a library called
ib_udf.dll for windows
or ib_udf.so for linux.

hope that help,
xandau