I need a directory browse component

Can someone lead me to, or show me, how to write a simple dialog box
allowing the user to browse to a directory.  I don't want to use the
"File/Open" or "File/Save" dialog boxes for this purpose.

I tried to use the TShellTreeView component, but there is no mechanism in
this componenet for setting the active directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re:I need a directory browse component

"Bob Thompson" <bo...@erols.com> wrote in message

> Can someone lead me to, or show me, how to write a simple dialog box
> allowing the user to browse to a directory>

Bob,

Basically you need to use the SHBrowseForFolder Windows API function.
Attached is an example on how to use this function.

http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa070400a.htm

Hope this helps,
steve

Re:I need a directory browse component

just use the selectdirectory function

guido

"Bob Thompson" <bo...@erols.com> wrote in message

> Can someone lead me to, or show me, how to write a simple dialog box
> allowing the user to browse to a directory.  I don't want to use the
> "File/Open" or "File/Save" dialog boxes for this purpose.

> I tried to use the TShellTreeView component, but there is no mechanism in
> this componenet for setting the active directory.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thank you.

Other Threads