Fatal exception with fast CPUs

A Delphi 3 program is causing BSDs in Windows 98 2nd edition 4.10.2222
when run with Celeron 600+. It's fine with 366 and 500, and AMD (K?)
600. In Windows 95 with Celeron 600Mhz+ it reports several error
dialogs, not a BSD.

The error seems to occur with
DBIntegerVarA.asInteger:=DBIntegerVarB.asInteger;

Anyone know how of a patch for D3, or it being fixed in D4+?

I remember having a problem with fast machines and Pascal longInts in
"crt" that was fixed with a patch.
Thanks

followUpTo comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
--
/`\ Jeandr
\ / jean...@techie.com

Re:Fatal exception with fast CPUs

Delphi doesn't have 'speed' problems like Turbo Pascal did. Delphi 3.0 does
however have several bugs (including BDE). Contact Borland to get a Delphi
3.01 CD (if you're lucky) and download the 3.02 update from www.borland.com.

"Jeandr" <jean...@techie.com> schreef in bericht

> A Delphi 3 program is causing BSDs in Windows 98 2nd edition 4.10.2222
> when run with Celeron 600+. It's fine with 366 and 500, and AMD (K?)
> 600. In Windows 95 with Celeron 600Mhz+ it reports several error
> dialogs, not a BSD.

> The error seems to occur with
> DBIntegerVarA.asInteger:=DBIntegerVarB.asInteger;

> Anyone know how of a patch for D3, or it being fixed in D4+?

> I remember having a problem with fast machines and Pascal longInts in
> "crt" that was fixed with a patch.
> Thanks

> followUpTo comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc
> --
> /`\ Jeandr
> \ / jean...@techie.com
> / \ Text ribbon campaign for HTML free e-mail and Usenet posts

Other Threads