Connecting to an Access table with a memo field using ODBC

I am having problems connecting to an Access table containing a memo
field using ODBC.  I can connect without a problem to that table using
the native driver.  I also have no problem connecting to other access
tables (tables without a memo field).  I get the following error message
: "invalid string or buffer length" followed by an unreadable sequence
of characters.  I'm using D4 and Access 97.  Has anybody run into this
problem?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Eduardo Bautista
Research Hydraulic Engineer
USDA-ARS U.S. Water Conservation Laboratory
ebauti...@uswcl.ars.ag.gov