Paradox key violations on auto-increment field

If you force the table repair programto rebuild the table it should fix the
problem assuming you are using a current version of the BDE and the matching
TUTILITY.DLL.  Another way to fix the problem is to restructure the table in
DBD and change the primary key to a long integer.  Then restructure the
table and change it back to autoincrement.

--
Bill

Re:Paradox key violations on auto-increment field

I suggest you to try to avoid auto-inc fields. I readed lot of times
about the problems of it. I'm developing a program now that has about 20
tables that could use it... I prefered to use in each one an integer
field, and set the value at hand leaving the user the chance to change
it. This work fine for me, and is easier to fix problems. Tables with
autoinc fields are dificult to fix.

Hope this helps.

--
Jose Sebastian Battig

Important:

Please, when replying to me delete the "STOPSPAM-"
part of the "reply to" e-mail address.

Por favor cuando me contestes usando "reply" borra
la parte de la direccion que dice "STOPSPAM-".

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Other Threads