Ascii import problem again (previous message didn't post right)

Hi database guru's,

I have a problem import text into a database. First let me tell you I use
Delphi 2 Client/Server and I'm a complete newbie in Delphi. In fact this is my

first project :) So I any help from you will be greatly appreciated.

Here 's my problem:

I have a 70K text file which has two fields: artist and album. It looks like
this:

@album1
artist1
artist2
artist3
<etc>

@album2
artist1
artist2
<etc>

The @-sign is used for indicating the start of a new album.
For maintenance reasons I like to have three tables. One for the album, plus a
unique number (AlbumNo). One for the artist plus a number (ArtistNo) and one
in which to store the relation between the two (ArtistNo, AlbumNo).

I looked through the Delphi help-files and manuals, but I couldn't find what I
wanted. Can somebody give me some hints to guide me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Theo...