MS Access Pros and Cons of using VB vs DELPHI

I am interested in hearing about experiences using VB versus DELPHI3 for
accessing MS Access MDB database files.  What I want to know is the
differences in the way one uses the products to do the same thing.  Which
is better is not what I am looking for just the procedures involved.  I
already know how to use VB so that isn't as important as knowing how the
methodology differs.  I do want to know if there are significant
performance hits using one or the other.  Are common utilities used by
both?  If so what are they?  Native DELPHI BDE drivers vs ODBC and how they
are impacted vs VB using DAO.

--
Alexander Medwedew
Computer Ventures, Inc.

Re:MS Access Pros and Cons of using VB vs DELPHI

Merry Chistmas, Happy new Year!

Alexander Medwedew <compv...@idt.net> wrote in article
<01bd0b2b$fa1c9b80$466284a9@WINNT40DEV>...

> I am interested in hearing about experiences using VB versus DELPHI3 for
> accessing MS Access MDB database files.  What I want to know is the
> differences in the way one uses the products to do the same thing.  Which
> is better is not what I am looking for just the procedures involved.  I
> already know how to use VB so that isn't as important as knowing how the
> methodology differs.  I do want to know if there are significant
> performance hits using one or the other.  Are common utilities used by
> both?  If so what are they?  Native DELPHI BDE drivers vs ODBC and how
they
> are impacted vs VB using DAO.

There only one diffirence to use MSAccess databases directly through DAO
using VB,
MSAccess or Delphi because DAO is DAO. The difference is that Delphi hasn't
any DAO-aware contros inside standard set of controls for show your data
without
programming when MSAccess and VB have them. But be sure, that there are
enough firms
in the world which offers their DAO-aware components.
To use DAO in Delphi as easy as don't use DAO in Delphi.
It I can say about any OCX, ActiveX, OLE2, OLE, DDE, BDE, ITD, ITP
components. :)

Dmitry Ivlev ibn Macharouvich :))

Other Threads