Help overriding OnDragOver

Javier Arroyo (74734....@compuserve.com) wrote:

: I have created a new component derived from TDBEdit, and have
: succesfully added/overriden various events/propertied/methods. I am
: trying to override the OnDragOver event and can't seem to no matter
: what I try. Specifically I am trying to make:
:   Accept := True;
: a part of my new component. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Two ways
(1) you can't override OnDragOver as it is a property, not a procedure.
You'd have to find the actual procedure (which would probably be
DragOver).

(2) Create a procedure with the requisite parameters and in your Create
assign OnDragOver to that procedure. In that procedure put Accept=true
--
"...I'll leave my mind beneath the mat, so you can let yourself in,
if you can stand the mess then stay, but i'm not entertaining..."