Problem recording large .WAV files

I am having a problem using buffered I/O to record large .WAV files.  I am
using an
ENSONIQ 32-bit sound card running under Windows NT 4.0.  The problem is
that a
new recording cannot be started until the current file is completely saved
to disk.
With the size of the .WAV files being saved this results in a noticeable
delay in my
application before the next recording can start.

Has anyone had this problem and if so how can this be done to allow a full
duplex
operation?  Is there sample source code available?  TIA.
--
twgar...@HiWAAY.net
Terry W. Gardner

Re:Problem recording large .WAV files

Terry Gardner wrote:

> I am having a problem using buffered I/O to record large .WAV files.  I am
> using an
> ENSONIQ 32-bit sound card running under Windows NT 4.0.  The problem is
> that a
> new recording cannot be started until the current file is completely saved
> to disk.
> With the size of the .WAV files being saved this results in a noticeable
> delay in my
> application before the next recording can start.

> Has anyone had this problem and if so how can this be done to allow a full
> duplex
> operation?  Is there sample source code available?  TIA.
> --
> twgar...@HiWAAY.net
> Terry W. Gardner

Sounds like a job for threads.  Threads are supported in Delphi 2 & 3
for windows 95 and NT.  Read up on it and good luck.

Mike

Re:Problem recording large .WAV files

Mike,

I should have mentioned we are already using threads to try to accomplish
this.

> Sounds like a job for threads.  Threads are supported in Delphi 2 & 3
> for windows 95 and NT.  Read up on it and good luck.

> Mike

Other Threads