Where to search for old postings?

Quite often it can be clever to search through previous traffic in a
newsgroup in order to solve one's problem. Where is the best place on
the Web to search through old comp.lang.pascal.delphi discussions?
I suppose it's all archived somewhere...

[Svein Olav Mytting, Sand, N-3075 Berger, Norway.  E-mail: bolle...@sn.no]

Re:Where to search for old postings?

On 20 May 1996 09:55:49 +0200, bolle...@oslonett.no (Svein Olav

Mytting) wrote:
>Quite often it can be clever to search through previous traffic in a
>newsgroup in order to solve one's problem. Where is the best place on
>the Web to search through old comp.lang.pascal.delphi discussions?
>I suppose it's all archived somewhere...

>[Svein Olav Mytting, Sand, N-3075 Berger, Norway.  E-mail: bolle...@sn.no]

Try Deja news research it searches trough all news groups,
but i think that it only keeps the articles for about 1 month,
you can also search for a special author that normally posts
intressting stuff !

http://www.dejanews.com/

The world are listening !! Beware of Bill C

Re:Where to search for old postings?

bolle...@oslonett.no (Svein Olav Mytting) wrote:

>newsgroup in order to solve one's problem. Where is the best place on
>the Web to search through old comp.lang.pascal.delphi discussions?
>I suppose it's all archived somewhere...

http://www.dejanews.com

Alan

Re:Where to search for old postings?

bolle...@oslonett.no (Svein Olav Mytting) wrote:

>Quite often it can be clever to search through previous traffic in a
>newsgroup in order to solve one's problem. Where is the best place on
>the Web to search through old comp.lang.pascal.delphi discussions?
>I suppose it's all archived somewhere...

The major web search sites (Yahoo, Alta Vista, Lycos) (I'm not sure if
all three) allow you to seach Usenet archives and/or web pages.
If you put 'Lischner' in your search keys it will probably improve
your result set.

Regards,
Bengt Richter

Re:Where to search for old postings?

>Quite often it can be clever to search through previous traffic in a
>newsgroup in order to solve one's problem. Where is the best place on
>the Web to search through old comp.lang.pascal.delphi discussions?
>I suppose it's all archived somewhere...

>[Svein Olav Mytting, Sand, N-3075 Berger, Norway.  E-mail: bolle...@sn.no]

I don't know of a complete archive but you can find the last 90 days
or so on http://www.altavista.digital.com or http://www.dejanews.com.
All of the normal groups are searchable at either site.

Re:Where to search for old postings?

You can look at the following web site
http://www.qns.com/html/delphi
This web site is for the Delphi Mailing List Archive.
It's different from this Newsgroup but you can find
stuff there too.

--
Eugene Ruben Ramirez
email: rrami...@ix.netcom.com