Multicasting In Delphi?

Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??
Any good example?

Re:Multicasting In Delphi?

"Anastasios Yalanopoulos" <yala...@techmed.teiher.gr> wrote in message

> Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??
> Any good example?

There are IP multicast components  in Indy 9.  TIdIPMCastClient and
TIdIPMCastServer.  Indy can be downloaded from http://www.nevrona.com/indy.

hth...

Re:Multicasting In Delphi?

IP*Works has a nice multicast component.

Bruno Lovatti
Hortifruti - Tecnologia da Informa??o

"Anastasios Yalanopoulos" <yala...@techmed.teiher.gr> escreveu na mensagem

> Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??
> Any good example?

Re:Multicasting In Delphi?

I submitted a Multicast chat demo to the Indy project(using the Indy Mcast
components).  It should be in the next demo update.

Tony Caduto

> Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??
> Any good example?

Re:Multicasting In Delphi?

> Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??

ICS TWSocket supports multicasting in his latest version.

--
francois.pie...@overbyte.be
http://www.overbyte.be

Re:Multicasting In Delphi?

Firstly, congratulations, you have done a nice work, I will send you a nice
postcard for your collection. Take a look at my city:
http://www.vitoria.es.gov.br/turismo/vitoriaemcores/foto6.htm
http://www.vitoria.es.gov.br/turismo/vitoriaemcores/galeria.htm

Is there any demo using multicast?

Thanks a lot!

"Francois Piette" <francois.pie...@overbyte.be> escreveu na mensagem

> > Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??

> ICS TWSocket supports multicasting in his latest version.

> --
> francois.pie...@overbyte.be
> Author of ICS (Internet Component Suite, freeware)
> Author of MidWare (Multi-tier framework, freeware)
> http://www.overbyte.be

Re:Multicasting In Delphi?

This depends on what you mean by multicasting. If you want to transmit and
receive multicast packets but do not need to do multicast joins/leaves then
you can do this with the basic socket components. In addition the Indy
Client socket (version 8) works well, I have not tried the server component.
When you specify a multicast address as the destination address the TTL
parameter (Time to Live) is set to one by default (usually 225 for a unicast
packet - this means the multicast packet will not transit a router). In
theory you can change the TTL value but I have not done this yet.

Andrew

> Does anyone know how to do multicasting in Delphi??
> Any good example?

Other Threads