Either BOF or EOF, Delphi6 using filtered tables

There is a bug in the AdoExpress when using filtered tables. If I edit a
record in a filtered table, making it dissappear after the posting (going
outside the filter), I get the BOF or EOF error if the table goes empty
after the edit. Is there an update here, or must I always turn of the filter
before the post and set it again after. This is a terrible solution.

Help me anyone.

-Atle

Re:Either BOF or EOF, Delphi6 using filtered tables

Atle Smelv?r <atle.smelv...@broadpark.no> wrote in message

> There is a bug in the AdoExpress when using filtered tables. If I edit a
> record in a filtered table, making it dissappear after the posting (going
> outside the filter), I get the BOF or EOF error if the table goes empty
> after the edit. Is there an update here, or must I always turn of the
filter
> before the post and set it again after. This is a terrible solution.

> Help me anyone.

> -Atle

Does this error occur only when running the .EXE from inside the Delphi IDE
? Try running the .EXE from the command-line, outside of the IDE, and see if
the problem disappears. If so you can safely ignore this error, as it's due
to some internal error handling in the VCL that end-users won't see.

Regards,
Andy Mackie.

Re:Either BOF or EOF, Delphi6 using filtered tables

It occures outside the Delphi IDE, I can always put a try except block
around it but that is to dirty for me. There must be a bug in the post
handling for ADOExpress.

-Atle

"Andy Mackie" <amac...@citynetworks.co.uk> wrote in message

> Atle Smelv?r <atle.smelv...@broadpark.no> wrote in message
> > There is a bug in the AdoExpress when using filtered tables. If I edit a
> > record in a filtered table, making it dissappear after the posting
(going
> > outside the filter), I get the BOF or EOF error if the table goes empty
> > after the edit. Is there an update here, or must I always turn of the
> filter
> > before the post and set it again after. This is a terrible solution.

> > Help me anyone.

> > -Atle

> Does this error occur only when running the .EXE from inside the Delphi
IDE
> ? Try running the .EXE from the command-line, outside of the IDE, and see
if
> the problem disappears. If so you can safely ignore this error, as it's
due
> to some internal error handling in the VCL that end-users won't see.

> Regards,
> Andy Mackie.

Re:Either BOF or EOF, Delphi6 using filtered tables

i need set date (01/01/01,02/01/01) in 2 variables
or in 2 edits or memos
i use adoquery
how can i do???
the source code is somthing like this:

procedure TForm1.cmbsumarClick(Sender: TObject);
var
valordesde,valorhasta:variant;
begin
// 2 edits
valordesde:=edtdesde.Text;
valorhasta:=edthasta.Text;
with adoquery1 do
begin
close;
SQL.clear;
SQL.add('SELECT SUM(importe)');
SQL.add('FROM TABLA1');
SQL.add('WHERE (fecha>=:desde)  AND (fecha<=:hasta) ');

//here this  01/01/01,02/01/01 i need set invariable
Parameters.ParamValues['desde;hasta'] :=
VarArrayOf([01/01/01,02/01/01 ]);

//Show in memo the sum of field IMPORTE
active:=true;
mmtotal.text := adoquery1.fields[0].AsString;

Open;