Strange Record/Key Deleted Error.

Hello,

I use Delphi 3.01 Client/Server with Sql Server 6.5 sp3 on NT WorkStation sp
3 and IE 4.01.

Please, don't care of my english !

I have a Client application, and on the principal form,
there is a TTable named Table1 on 'Client' table.
there is a TTable named Table2 on 'Client' table to (one to read, one to
append).
there are some TDbEdit to key in the client informations (related to
table1).
On the same form there is a DbGrid (related to table2) to show the client
name more next the name I'm key in.
I write 'Smith' on the name DbEdit, and I post, it's append a record with
'Smith', all is OK.
I write 'smith' on the name DbEdit, and I post, it's append a record with
'smith', all is OK. (look well the 'S' and the 's' of smith)

After, if I click on Smith on the dbGrid, I call a function to syncronise
Table1 to Table2 by using Table1.GotoCurrent(Table2)
and the system tell me : 'Record/Key Deleted Error'.

Is somebody know why ?

PS :there is an index on the name field.

Any help appreciate.
Thanks
PP From France
Patr...@Soprane.fr