TDBComboLookup and DataModule

In my application, I use TDBComboLookup and TDataModule.  It seems that if
I put the TQuery and TDataSource on the TDataModule, the TDBComboLookup on
the form cannot get access to the TQuery data. Is that true?

So, if I use TDBComboLookup, I cannot put the TQuery and TDataSource
component onto the TDataModule.

Thanks.

Ada

Re:TDBComboLookup and DataModule

There must be something wrong in the way you're doing things. You may want
to check the MastApp demo that comes with Delphi on how to use
TDBComboLookUp.

Sorry. But I never had problems using TDBCombolookup accessing a TQuery on a
TDataModule.

Mark Zulueta
Manila, Philippines

In article <01bcefdf$e75cb7d0$0ec7b7ce@ada_nt>, Ada Fung wrote:
> It seems that if
> I put the TQuery and TDataSource on the TDataModule, the TDBComboLookup on
> the form cannot get access to the TQuery data.

Have you used the File|Use Unit to give the unit visibility to the data
module?

Re:TDBComboLookup and DataModule

When I goto File/Use Unit, I cannot find the DataModule unit that I want to
use.  So, how can I add the unit to make it visible? The datamodule unit is
already added as part of the project unit and I can't seem to add it from
File/Use Unit.

Any hints.

Thanks.

Ada

Scott Samet [TeamB] <Send...@No.Spam> wrote in article
<VA.00000029.0cc44926@scotts-toshiba>...

In article <01bcf07e$55c65ca0$0ec7b7ce@ada_nt>, Ada Fung wrote:
> When I goto File/Use Unit, I cannot find the DataModule unit that I want to
> use.  So, how can I add the unit to make it visible? The datamodule unit is
> already added as part of the project unit and I can't seem to add it from
> File/Use Unit.

First, go into the text editor, to the form that needs to use the data
module.  The do a File|Use unit.  You should see every unit (datamodule
and form) that's in your project, but not already used by that form.  When
you select one from the list, it should be added to the form's uses clause.

If that does done work, you can add the datamodule to the uses list manually.

Re:TDBComboLookup and DataModule

Exactly. I already added the DataModule to the Uses statement in that form
manually. But this time, I am viewing that form when I link the dataset in
the DataModule to TDComboLookup and it works.

Thanks.

Ada

Paul Rice <ri...@marotz.com> wrote in article
<64h9qf$s...@forums.borland.com>...

>   Sometimes you need to be viewing the data module (don't ask me why).
So
> go to View|Unit or View|Form, select the data module, select your other
> form, do File|Use unit, and the data module's data access components
should
> show up as selectable in the form's data-aware controls.

> Paul

Other Threads