Please Suggest a Component for loading/saving objects to the disk

Hi there,

        We are in search of a component
        1) which will store all the information about the given object in a
persitent storage like disk  when the object gets destroyed.
        2) Also it should be able to read/load  the saved information about
the object from the disk.
        I hope you brainy people out there will suggest a suitable component
for the same or will suggest a way or solution to this typical probelm.

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin

Re:Please Suggest a Component for loading/saving objects to the disk

"Novatech" <i...@NovatechSoftware.com> a crit dans le message de news:
3cc64883_1@dnews...

>         We are in search of a component
>         1) which will store all the information about the given object in
> persitent storage like disk  when the object gets destroyed.
>         2) Also it should be able to read/load  the saved information
about
> the object from the disk.

Look at ObjectBinaryToText / ObjectTextToBinary in the helpfile. It let you
save all the published properties of your objects to disk. There is also an
example in the help for this.

Greets,
Henk

Re:Please Suggest a Component for loading/saving objects to the disk

For similar task I use own code which allow to save to/load from xml-file
any object. If you're insterested, contact me privately and I'll send you a
unit...

PS: a few notes
1. in one xml-file can be stored an one object only
2. sub-properties which are classes, are not stored. Only original types
(interger, string, enumeration, set etc)
3. I store in such manner an application settings and mainform placement

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-Mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com

Novatech <i...@NovatechSoftware.com> D??? ???Y??:3cc64883_1@dnews...

> Hi there,

>         We are in search of a component
>         1) which will store all the information about the given object in
> persitent storage like disk  when the object gets destroyed.
>         2) Also it should be able to read/load  the saved information
about
> the object from the disk.
>         I hope you brainy people out there will suggest a suitable
component
> for the same or will suggest a way or solution to this typical probelm.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Sachin

Other Threads