Number to String

Hi,

For a check printing system I want to convert the amount of the check to
a valid readable format, like this :

345.40

to be "three hundred and forty five dollars and forty cents".

Where can I find this function ? does anybody mind to share it ?

Thanks in advance,

John

Re:Number to String

John Gooch wrote:
> For a check printing system I want to convert the amount of the check to
> a valid readable format, like this :

> 345.40

> to be "three hundred and forty five dollars and forty cents".

> Where can I find this function ? does anybody mind to share it ?

I once wrote a few functions to do this.

Check this prior newsgroup article:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6qd1cj%24gk2%241%40blackice.wint...
om

-Gary

Re:Number to String

Hi, Gary,

The link seems to be broken or expired.
Would you mind to repost it ? or even post your code ?

Thanks in advance,

Gary Williams wrote:
> John Gooch wrote:
> > For a check printing system I want to convert the amount of the check to
> > a valid readable format, like this :

> > 345.40

> > to be "three hundred and forty five dollars and forty cents".

> > Where can I find this function ? does anybody mind to share it ?

> I once wrote a few functions to do this.

> Check this prior newsgroup article:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6qd1cj%24gk2%241%40blackice.wint...
> om

> -Gary

Re:Number to String

Just use the Format function

John Gooch <johngoo...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,

>For a check printing system I want to convert the amount of the check to
>a valid readable format, like this :

>345.40

>to be "three hundred and forty five dollars and forty cents".

>Where can I find this function ? does anybody mind to share it ?

>Thanks in advance,

>John

Re:Number to String

Hi John

It worked over here. The link was wrapped. The string 'om' is part of the
link. Add it to the link provided by Gary.

Good luck

Gert

Other Threads