Blank Table as Result of MS SQL Server 7.0 Query

Hi NG!

The result of a SQL query from MS SQL Server 7.0 is an empty table with x
rows and 1 column. Also the header is empty. When I try the same statement
with another ODBC-based application (no Delphi Database Components stuff)
and using the same ODBC data source the result is OK (not empty). Does
anyone know this problem? I do not know a solution.

Thank you very much for your support.
Ronny

Re:Blank Table as Result of MS SQL Server 7.0 Query

Give us some clues!
Cut and paste your SQL text, or the Delphi statements that generate
it, here so we have some idea of what's going on.
What is the structure of the table(s) that is queried?

Dan

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:12:20 +0200, "Ronny Hertel"

--
Dan Brennand
CMDC systems, inc.
visit us at www.cmdcsystems.com
[SPAM block: change at to @ in my e-mail address]

Re:Blank Table as Result of MS SQL Server 7.0 Query

Hi Dan!

> Cut and paste your SQL text, or the Delphi statements that generate
> it, here so we have some idea of what's going on.
> What is the structure of the table(s) that is queried?

The statement: select * from customers
The database (default): Northwind (Demo database of MS SQL Server)

If my statement is wrong I get a correct error message. If the satement is
OK I do not get a real result but only an empty DBGrid with 1 column and x
rows. I think it is a Delphi problem only. Other applications can access to
this demo database.

Thank you for your help.
Ronny

Other Threads