Persistent fields and an aggregate query in SQL Anywhere

Running Delphi 5 and SQL Anywhere, the following code works fine if no
persistent fields have been created for the agencies table:

SELECT "count"(*) FROM agencies

With persistent fields, a column called "count"(*) cannot be found. Is
there a way to have my cake and eat it to -- persistent fields plus
the ability to run an ad hoc aggregate query?

Re:Persistent fields and an aggregate query in SQL Anywhere

No.  You're going to have to do one of two things: Add another TQuery object
without persistent fields to support the ad hoc query; or, clear and
reacreate the persistent fields when you change the query statement.
Mark Shapiro wrote in message ...
>Running Delphi 5 and SQL Anywhere, the following code works fine if no
>persistent fields have been created for the agencies table:

>SELECT "count"(*) FROM agencies

>With persistent fields, a column called "count"(*) cannot be found. Is
>there a way to have my cake and eat it to -- persistent fields plus
>the ability to run an ad hoc aggregate query?

Other Threads