Windows 98 BDE Problem

We have a customer who has been using a solution we developed using Paradox
tables. They have recently installed another Paradox application from a
different vendor. The two systems coexist fine on W95 and NT but on certain
W98 machines they get the following error when they try to run both apps
together:

Network initialization failed.

Lock time out.

File: PDOXUSERS.NET

Directory: \\MITSUI_41\MAIN\APPS\FF99\NET.

Regards

David Williams

Here is their email reporting the problem (FF99 is the other vendor's
application):

I have done some further testing and both FF99 and our app. run at the same
time in our Novell environment on W95, NT Client and W98 but on 4 W98 PC's I
get the problem with the PDOXUSERS.NET being locked by the first app loaded
either FF99 or our app.

I have set the NETDIR value to FF99/NET as in network environment FF99 seems
to use this regardless of the NETDIR value.

I have copied the Idapi32.cfg file to another w98 PC and works OK and I have
logged on as myself at the offending w98 pc and it still fails.

I have tried everything I can think of so perhaps you guys can come up with
something. I'm sure it worked ok with FF99 ver 1.2+.

To recap on the problem.

If we launch FF99 and then our app or our app and then FF99 we get a lock
out on the PDOXUSERS.NET file with the following error:

Network initialization failed.

Lock time out.

File: PDOXUSERS.NET

Directory: \\MITSUI_41\MAIN\APPS\FF99\NET.

If I examine the file open information on the Novell NetWare console I can
see the file PDOXUSERS.NET being opened but with NO read or write locks.

Hope all this is of help, if you require any additional info. please let me
know.

Regards