Multiple views of the same tables?

Hi all,

I use a data module to put all my tables in. Then the business logic is
separated from the GUI.
My application is MDI, and I want to view the same table in 2 different
forms.
But when I move to another record in 1 form, the 2nd form is also moved
to that record.
I want 2 independent views of the same data!

Now I solve the problem with inheriting the datamodule and using
different datamodules in the 2 forms.
Does anyone know a simpler solution?

Thanks,
 Philippe Requil

Re:Multiple views of the same tables?

Hello,

> But when I move to another record in 1 form, the 2nd form is also moved
> to that record.
> I want 2 independent views of the same data!

Suggestion: When leaving Form1 do DisableControls do disconnect from the
table.
When entering again do EnableControls.
(2 independant set of controls would always mean 2 tables. you could try
use BookMark to go back
to the last used record but I guess it will be difficult to get all the
states OK when switching windows)
CU

Other Threads