Delphi 3 Getting TDBEDataset.Handle from the Datalink

I need to know how to get the database handle to make BDE engine calls in
Delphi 2 if I had a component that needed to make a BDE enigine call I
would do something like this:

  with fDataLink.Dataset do
  begin
     if state = dsInactive then  exit;
     err := DBiGetCursorProps (Handle, cP);
 end;
But now in delphi 3 & 4 the handle property is derived from TBDEDataSet so
how can I get the handle. I know that in Delphi 3 & 4 the
DBDataset.DBHandle will return the handle but how do I access it from the
datalink.

David Bennett
DBenn...@CBAMail.unl.edu

Re:Delphi 3 Getting TDBEDataset.Handle from the Datalink

On 27 Oct 1998 21:56:23 GMT, David Bennett wrote:

You need to cast the dataset as a TBDEDataSet:

>  with fDataLink.Dataset as TBDEDataSet do

That gives you access to the Handle property in TBDEDataSet.

sig://boB/TeamB

Other Threads