Need TRichEdit or TMemo style component capable of selected text background colors

Does anyone know of a component capable of setting different
background colors for selected areas of text, or how to do this with
TRichEdit?  I've seen this done before so I know it's possible but I'm
reaching my wits end with this one.

Thanks,
Polyedra

Re:Need TRichEdit or TMemo style component capable of selected text background colors

Richedit.SelAttributes sets different attributes of selected text.

I really dont know if the bkground color is one of them though.
Maybe worth looking in help file under
SelAttributes

NolenJ <nol...@aol.com> wrote in message

>Richedit.SelAttributes sets different attributes of selected text.

>I really dont know if the bkground color is one of them though.

Unfortunately not :(

Polyhedra

Re:Need TRichEdit or TMemo style component capable of selected text background colors

Go to Torry's Delphi Pages they have some good TRichEdit components.

 http://carbohyd.siobc.ras.ru/torry/

--All the best from James Sandbrook.
http://ssapcs.interspeed.net/index.html
Bob Swart Interview.
Charlie Calvert talks about Delphi's Future.
Marco Cant Interview. Frank Borland.
Delphi Tips/Code and lots more.

James M Sandbrook <j...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>Go to Torry's Delphi Pages they have some good TRichEdit components.

> http://carbohyd.siobc.ras.ru/torry/

Thanks, I've tried there though, nothing does it.  I can't believe
there appears to be no way of doing this.  Unfortunately I don't know
enough Delphi to write my own component.

>> Does anyone know of a component capable of setting different
>> background colors for selected areas of text, or how to do this
with
>> TRichEdit?  I've seen this done before so I know it's possible but
I'm
>> reaching my wits end with this one.

Polyhedra.

Re:Need TRichEdit or TMemo style component capable of selected text background colors

Try API Call : SetBkColor or something like this

Marek Bisz wrote in message <5m9z2.4548$U1.803...@news.tpnet.pl>...
>Try API Call : SetBkColor or something like this

By the way - shoud we response to such messages like this (it has o dozen or
so groups in the address)

Re:Need TRichEdit or TMemo style component capable of selected text background colors

Look for TRichEdit98!

Johnny A

Polyhedra skrev:

> James M Sandbrook <j...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> >Go to Torry's Delphi Pages they have some good TRichEdit components.

> > http://carbohyd.siobc.ras.ru/torry/

> Thanks, I've tried there though, nothing does it.  I can't believe
> there appears to be no way of doing this.  Unfortunately I don't know
> enough Delphi to write my own component.

> >> Does anyone know of a component capable of setting different
> >> background colors for selected areas of text, or how to do this
> with
> >> TRichEdit?  I've seen this done before so I know it's possible but
> I'm
> >> reaching my wits end with this one.

> Polyhedra.

Re:Need TRichEdit or TMemo style component capable of selected text background colors

Take a look at the RichEditEx component available at
http://www.datlog.de/delphifiles/richeditex.asp

________________
Michael Damatow

E-mail: dama...@iname.com
Homepage: http://www.datlog.de/delphifiles

|Does anyone know of a component capable of setting different
|background colors for selected areas of text, or how to do this with
|TRichEdit?  I've seen this done before so I know it's possible but I'm
|reaching my wits end with this one.
|
|Thanks,
|Polyedra

Other Threads