TCP/IP (Winsock) Component (1/12)

TCP/IP Delphi Component
-----------------------

This message and the following 11 are the source code for WSOCKET.PAS,
a native Delphi component for WINSOCK. This component encapsulate the
'socket' abstraction.

To help understand my work, I included a sample application: a telnet
server for windows. This is an very basic server, just to demonstrate
how to use my TWsocket component.

All the source files are compatible with both Delphi 1.x and Delphi 2.x.
In order to be compatible with Delphi 1.x, I also deliver a winsock.pas
file compatible with the one found in Delphi 2. Use my winsock.pas only
for Delphi 1.x, use the winsock.pas included with Delphi 2 for Delphi 2.

Hox to use my sources ?

1) Assemble the first 5 messages to obtani WSOCKET.PAS
2) Use the image editor to build WSOCKET.DCR to give an icon for
   the component
3) Install WSOCKET.PAS as a component.
4) From the 6 and 7th messages, reconstruct TNSRV1.PAS and TNSRV2.PAS.
5) From the 8 and 9th message, reconstruct TNSRV1.TXT and TNSRV2.TXT.
6) Open a new project in Delphi, call it TNSRV.DPR
7) For this project, remove UNIT1
8) Add TNSRV1 and TNSRV2 to the project, load TNSRV1.TXT and TNSRV2.TXT
   and save them as TNSRV1.DFM and TNSRV2.DFM
9) Compile and run.

To the the sample application wich is a telnet server, use a telnet
client. For example telnet.exe from windows 95. If you test on the same
computer, connect to 'localhost' or '127.0.0.1'. If you test from another
computer, connect to the first one hostname or IP address. You have to have
the TCP/IP stack installed of course !

If you have any question, please feel free to ask in the newsgroup or
email or Fidonet mail at 2:293/2...@fidonet.org.

Francois Piette

Re:TCP/IP (Winsock) Component (1/12)

~TCP/IP Delphi Component
~-----------------------
~
[...]

Hello Francois,

I came across your above message and is very keen on working on a
Telnet Server.  Your component seems to be very interesting and I
would definitely like to try out your component.  But unfortunately, I
can't because I can only view your about three quarter of your
message.  Out of 12 messages, I can only download 8 of them.  The rest
are not found on my news server.  I was wondering if you could email
the component to me.  I would be very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Finest Regards,
Sam

 _       __    _____    _____