Combo Box Won't Scroll - Hangs Up

So I'm a newbie who inherited a Delphi 3 application... My problem is
that when the user types into a combo box, the list doesn't scroll to
match what she types. The application hangs up and a 3-finger salute is
required.

The application has several combo boxes which are populated from
Interbase 4 tables on an NT server. All of the combo boxes in the
application misbehave in the same way.

The code hasn't been modified since it was delivered two years ago, and
the problem started just recently.

Here is where it gets bizarre: The user can click to drop the list and
scroll through and make her selection just fine. It's only when she
types into the combo box that the problem occurs. This happens only on
the one workstation, other users have no problem with the same
application. All are running Windows 95.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Re:Combo Box Won't Scroll - Hangs Up

Maybe her Windows system is totaly crashed... Try to reinstall it.

Regards,
  Jernej

Brian Austin wrote in message <38640779.4EAD6...@co.sanmateo.ca.us>...
>So I'm a newbie who inherited a Delphi 3 application... My problem is
>that when the user types into a combo box, the list doesn't scroll to
>match what she types. The application hangs up and a 3-finger salute is
>required.

>The application has several combo boxes which are populated from
>Interbase 4 tables on an NT server. All of the combo boxes in the
>application misbehave in the same way.

>The code hasn't been modified since it was delivered two years ago, and
>the problem started just recently.

>Here is where it gets bizarre: The user can click to drop the list and
>scroll through and make her selection just fine. It's only when she
>types into the combo box that the problem occurs. This happens only on
>the one workstation, other users have no problem with the same
>application. All are running Windows 95.

>Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Re:Combo Box Won't Scroll - Hangs Up

Oh the joys of Windows software!

How many machines are you running the software on? Do they all show the
problem? Have you installed the software on a machine for the first time and
seen the problem? Have you reinstalled the software on the same machine? Did
you install some other software in the meantime?

You can post to the group and to me at ahowl...@datatechnologies.co.uk.

In article <38640779.4EAD6...@co.sanmateo.ca.us>, baus...@co.sanmateo.ca.us
says...

>So I'm a newbie who inherited a Delphi 3 application... My problem is
>that when the user types into a combo box, the list doesn't scroll to
>match what she types. The application hangs up and a 3-finger salute is
>required.

>The application has several combo boxes which are populated from
>Interbase 4 tables on an NT server. All of the combo boxes in the
>application misbehave in the same way.

>The code hasn't been modified since it was delivered two years ago, and
>the problem started just recently.

>Here is where it gets bizarre: The user can click to drop the list and
>scroll through and make her selection just fine. It's only when she
>types into the combo box that the problem occurs. This happens only on
>the one workstation, other users have no problem with the same
>application. All are running Windows 95.

>Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Other Threads