Reducing .exe filesize

Delphi seems to create pretty large .exe files,
even simple 'hello world' programmes.

How can I reduce the size of my apps without
using runtime libraries ??

Thanks in advance, ewout

Re:Reducing .exe filesize

unless you already did it,  check the compiler options : Optimisation = Yes,
and all debug options = No. If you are sure of your program, also uncheck
the exec. errors options : E/S, ...
But don't expect a miracle. Windows programs can't be as short as DOS
programs, especially if they use forms.

Denis

Re:Reducing .exe filesize

The easy way to recude code size:

1) Project|Options|Compiler and switch off Debug Information
2) Project|Options|Linker and switch off Include TD32 debug info

Nick

On 19 Dec 1998 23:53:56 GMT, "E.A. Voogt"

<remove_nospam_mbe1...@elektro.fontys.nl> wrote:
>Delphi seems to create pretty large .exe files,
>even simple 'hello world' programmes.

>How can I reduce the size of my apps without
>using runtime libraries ??

>Thanks in advance, ewout

Nick.R...@Bigfoot.Com
http://www.bigfoot.com/~nick.roux

No, no, no, Lisa. If {*word*62}s don't like their jobs,
    they don't go on strike. They just go in every
    day and do it really half-assed. -- Homer Simpson