Why, why, why ?

Hi folks,

I`m really confused about writings down here.
Everybody looking, searching, talking about ADO.
As writings says, "ADO does not give you/us proper access to our database".
( For example, most of you folks,  trying to find a way to simulate
TUpdateSQL, right ? )

I`m using BDE and i never had a problem with it. Now i can hear your voices
that saying me "It`s too slow". Yes, you are right.
But, what if i don`t want to write additional code in my projects?
What if,  i don`t want any codes that remembers me 80`s.
End users can wait one additional second to secure(!) their updates.

Just tell me why ADO?

Re:Why, why, why ?

I am thinking: Yes, you are right.

--
Faria, J.C.
Universidade Estadual de Santa Cruz

> Hi folks,

> I`m really confused about writings down here.
> Everybody looking, searching, talking about ADO.
> As writings says, "ADO does not give you/us proper access to our
database".
> ( For example, most of you folks,  trying to find a way to simulate
> TUpdateSQL, right ? )

> I`m using BDE and i never had a problem with it. Now i can hear your
voices
> that saying me "It`s too slow". Yes, you are right.
> But, what if i don`t want to write additional code in my projects?
> What if,  i don`t want any codes that remembers me 80`s.
> End users can wait one additional second to secure(!) their updates.

> Just tell me why ADO?

Re:Why, why, why ?

> Just tell me why ADO?

...because it's there (?)  :-)

Pierre

Re:Why, why, why ?

'cuse I don't have to support it. As simple as that.

I've finished a project which was Delphi front-end and MS SQL 7 in the back.
My deplyment was simple: THEIR IT guys had to put SQL client on all the
machines (btw, it comes with ADO already), put my 5 meg .exe in a shared
folder on a server. DONE. Why do I have to run around installing BDE,
creating aliases etc?

WHY, WHY, WHY?

Erkin ESKIER <sky...@ixir.com> wrote in message

> Hi folks,

> I`m really confused about writings down here.
> Everybody looking, searching, talking about ADO.
> As writings says, "ADO does not give you/us proper access to our
database".
> ( For example, most of you folks,  trying to find a way to simulate
> TUpdateSQL, right ? )

> I`m using BDE and i never had a problem with it. Now i can hear your
voices
> that saying me "It`s too slow". Yes, you are right.
> But, what if i don`t want to write additional code in my projects?
> What if,  i don`t want any codes that remembers me 80`s.
> End users can wait one additional second to secure(!) their updates.

> Just tell me why ADO?

Other Threads