Accessing Oracle Stored Procedures - Delphi 4

I believe that this has been reported as a BDE problem, and there are
lots of them with Oracle 8/8i.  If you're going to use Oracle, you
should definitely look at
Direct Oracle Access (www.allroundautomations.nl).  It replaces the BDE,
compiles into the .exe, and gives you access to all sorts of Oracle
features not available in the BDE.  Specifically, you can't access BLOBS
and CLOBS in D4 through the BDE.

John Pierce

Re:Accessing Oracle Stored Procedures - Delphi 4

I have a legacy app in Delphi 4 which makes extensive use of stored
procedures in Sybase and MSSQL.  I'm producing a version to run with Oracle
8.1.5 but get a dll error as soon as I attempt to access any parameters.

Access violation of address xxxxxx in module 'SQLORA8.DLL'.

Is this a version problem or more likely to be something in the setup?

Stephen Bertram

Re:Accessing Oracle Stored Procedures - Delphi 4

Thanks John - I'd love to port to DOA, but most of our clients are using
Sybase / MSSQL and we don't want to have to maintain 2 code streams.  As
usual the data aware components are scattered far and wide through the
application suite.

John Pierce <jpie...@healthplanning.com> wrote in message

> I believe that this has been reported as a BDE problem, and there are
> lots of them with Oracle 8/8i.  If you're going to use Oracle, you
> should definitely look at
> Direct Oracle Access (www.allroundautomations.nl).  It replaces the BDE,
> compiles into the .exe, and gives you access to all sorts of Oracle
> features not available in the BDE.  Specifically, you can't access BLOBS
> and CLOBS in D4 through the BDE.

> John Pierce

Re:Accessing Oracle Stored Procedures - Delphi 4

I'm experiencing similar problems with Oracle 8.1.6 and Delphi5 and BDE
5.1.1. I can't use the stored procedure properly both with SQLNet 2.3.4 and
Net8.
To me this is a MAJOR problem as we are forced to move quickly from Oracle
7.3.4 to Oracle 8.1.6.
Has the Borland BDE team anything to say on this subject? Should we abandon
the BDE? Do we have any chance to see a fix in the near future?

Thanks,

Fabio

Stephen Bertram <steph...@pictdata.co.nz> wrote in message

> Thanks John - I'd love to port to DOA, but most of our clients are using
> Sybase / MSSQL and we don't want to have to maintain 2 code streams.  As
> usual the data aware components are scattered far and wide through the
> application suite.

Other Threads